TEJASWINI KALE, PH.D.
Tejaswini is a registered patent agent and has experience working with early-stage startup companies as in-house patent agent. She has worked with startups in a broad range of sectors including agrichemicals, animal health and human pharmaceuticals where she helped the companies develop robust IP strategies for their programs, understand the patent landscape of their proprietary technologies by performing patent searches, and evaluate IP portfolios of potential acquisition candidates.
Tejaswini holds a Doctorate in Chemistry (Organic). Her graduate research focused on development of novel organic semiconducting materials (small molecules, polymers, and dendrimers), and their applications in organic photovoltaic devices and organic electronics applications. Her postdoctoral research additionally included development of conjugates of peptides and organic semiconductors for bioelectronics applications and polymers for sensing applications.
Outside of work, Tejaswini enjoys gardening, painting, and spending time with her husband and two young daughters.
- Johns Hopkins University, Post-doctoral Research Associate, Chemistry and Materials Science
- Brookhaven National Laboratory, Post-doctoral Research Associate, Center for Functional Nanomaterials
- University of Massachusetts, Graduate Research, PhD Chemistry (Organic)
- University Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai University, Bachelor of Technology (Paints)
- United States Patent and Trademark Office, 2018